The Portuguese Consulate General in Manchester is offering a work placement to a highly motivated individual, keen to work within a Portuguese environment that will provide the ideal opportunity to perfect his/her Portuguese language skills while gaining valuable work experience.
To provide comprehensive support in the day-to-day operation of the Consulate.
- To help maintain databases through data input of Consular registrations.
- To support the Consulate’s enquiry service by responding to email enquiries in Portuguese or in English, as appropriate.
- To translate into English or Portuguese specific documentation such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, criminal records, powers of attorney, etc.
- To research relevant information relating to local services that may be beneficial to the Portuguese community residing in the UK.
- To do mail-outs and deal with selected day-to-day correspondence in English or Portuguese, as appropriate.
- To undertake other relevant duties when required.
Personal attributes required
- Degree or equivalent qualification (Desirable)
- Excellent IT skills (Essential)
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills which would allow easy interaction with a variety of individuals at different levels, in person and on the phone (Essential)
- Advanced level in spoken and written Portuguese and English (Essential)
- Good translation skills (Desirable)
- Good time keeping skills (Essential)
Duration: min. 3 months. Full-time, ideally. Part-time will be considered.
Training and support provided: the trainee will be offered an introduction to Consular duties, and will receive in-job training in specific areas, including the translation of legal documentation. On completion of the placement, the trainee will receive a letter of reference with evaluation of performance.
For more information and to apply, please contact Christina Sousa from the Regional Language Network North West: email@example.com