Routes into Languages East is delighted to be working in partnership with Comberton Village College on the
Language Leader Award with materials developed and donated by Rachel Hawkes.
Available nationally, the Language Leader Award helps pupils learn to lead, using language teaching as the medium. Throughout the year-long programme they develop their leadership skills, growing in confidence and enhancing their future careers
Routes into Languages East runs the Comberton Village College model of the award. Pupils receive a log book to record training, activities, reflections etc during the year and a certificate and specially designed lapel pin on successful completion of the programme.
The principal benefits of the Language Leader
Award programme to students include:
• rewarding their language learning
• giving them a purpose and context for their language skills
• developing their generic communication and leadership skills
• giving them a better understanding of themselves as learners
• giving a better understanding of the role of the teacher
• enhancing their self-esteem and confidence
• improving their evaluative and analytical skills
• increasing their personal attainment in a foreign language
Unfortunately now that government funding for Routes into Languages has ended, we're having to charge for most of our projects
For more information, including application form, course overview and FAQs see docs below and/or register/email firstname.lastname@example.org