Routes into Languages East is delighted to be working in partnership with Comberton Village College on the
Language Leader Award.
Available nationally, the Language Leader Award helps pupils learn to lead, using language teaching as the medium. Throughout the year-long programme they develop their leadership skills, growing in confidence and enhancing their future careers
Routes into Languages East is sponsoring the Comberton Village College model of the award. Pupils receive a log book to record training, activities, reflections etc during the year and a certificate and specially designed lapel pin on successful completion of the programme.
The principal benefits of the Language Leader
Award programme to students include:
• rewarding their language learning
• giving them a purpose and context for their language skills
• developing their generic communication and leadership skills
• giving them a better understanding of themselves as learners
• giving a better understanding of the role of the teacher
• enhancing their self-esteem and confidence
• improving their evaluative and analytical skills
• increasing their personal attainment in a foreign language
We are happy to run the award with other schools. Alternatively, all materials
(developed and donated by Rachel Hawkes of Comberton Village College) are free for you to adapt for your own purposes.
For more information, including application form, course overview and FAQs see docs below or email firstname.lastname@example.org