A joint pilot project with ALL
For Y9 pupils and linked to the requirements of the new National Curriculum Programme of Study (2014), this project aims to give young language learners a flavour of authentic language and the challenge to create a successful short performance.
It exploits aspects of the format of the popular BBC TV series, Strictly Come Dancing in order to encourage language learners in Y9 to:
- refine their oral language skills
- develop their skills of speaking in public
- work with native speakers or high level speakers of their language
- enhance their memorisation strategies
- access literary texts (including prose, poetry, song lyrics, plays etc)
NOTE: no dancing is involved!
FINAL AT ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY, CAMBRIDGE, Tuesday, 28th June, 2016, 4.00pm (time tbc)