This INSET event is aimed at teachers of French and Spanish working in Sixth Forms and Colleges, specifically year 10 and 11, but if can be applied to A Levels students. It is informed by the new developments in the GCSE and A Level curriculum and current research evidence.
The workshop will:
- Increase teachers’ confidence in the way they teach media contents.
- Provide relevant key terminology and concepts of video game and transmedia analysis and examples to illustrate them.
- Discuss methodologies to integrate transmedia literacy into existing modern languages syllabi.
- Develop a series of practical tasks using formative exercises to promote critical analysis and media literacy with interactive contents that can be exciting for students
- Offer tailored guidance on how to develop students’ storytelling skills.
- Bring together teachers to share expertise and practice.
The examples/exercises will use French and Spanish, but could be adapted for other languages. Teachers of other languages are welcome! However, we expect to deliver the practical sessions mostly in French and Spanish.
For more information and to book please visit: https://buyonline.mmu.ac.uk/short-courses/arts-and-humanities/short-courses/cpdinset-for-mlf-teachers-10th-november-2018-1030am130pm