This activity aims to harness the enthusiasm surrounding the Brazil 2014 World Cup and provide an ideal opportunity for your students to:
- learn more about Brazil and the Brazilian World Cup
- pick up some basic Portuguese
- develop their team work and creativity whilst drawing on a range of skills across ICT, Geography, Languages, Numeracy, Art and Design and PE.
Overview of the tasks
The Challenge involves 6 tasks which build on materials from the 6 lessons in the Arsenal Double Club Portuguese course. These are described in more detail on the Teacher Explanation Sheet attached.
Rules of the Game
- Students must enter in teams of 4-10 players.
- Every student in the team must contribute to the Challenge but tasks can be divided up to play to different individuals’ strengths.
- The Challenge is open to all students in Years 7, 8 and 9 and a team can include players from more than one year group.
- Schools can enter as many teams as they like but individual students are not allowed to participate in more than 1 team.
- Each task must be completed using a different format (eg. if Task 1 is a PowerPoint presentation then Task 6 cannot also be a PowerPoint presentation).
- Completed Challenges must be returned to Capital L no later than Thursday 1 May 2014.
The winners will be invited to a World Cup Day at the Arsenal Emirates Stadium!
This event has already closed. We will be anouncing the winners soon.