North East News
Date: 5th December 2014ALLNE / Network for Languages NE/ Routes into Languages NE European Day of Languages Competition 2014 The judges reviewed entries on Monday 13th. October 2014. Although there seemed to be less envelopes over all than last year Judges were pleased by the content of many of the entries and especially by the evidence of independent and creative writing, using familiar (and less familiar) language.
Date: 13th June 2014The aptly named ‘Routes into the Future’ event at Newcastle University on Thursday 12th June brought together the full Routes into Languages North East consortium team, senior representatives of the partner universities, teachers, school pupils and the many and varied individuals across the region who have supported their work in recent years.
Date: 10th June 2014A team of students from King Edward VI School in Morpeth will be swapping the northern climes of Northumberland for the dreaming spires of Oxford thanks to their success in the Oxford German Network German Olympiad 2014. Winners of the Group Film category, the group of seven pupils were charged with creating a play or film about any aspect of German society, life, events or culture in 1914, in homage to the huge significance of the First World War still clear a whole century later.
Date: 6th June 2014With Brazil gearing up ahead of the start of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, a group of Year 9 boys from King Edward VI School in Morpeth are already basking in the light of their success.
Date: 28th June 2014On June 27th 2014, two pupils from the North East travelled to a national celebration event at Manchester Metropolitan University to be crowned regional winners of this year’s Mother Tongue Other Tongue poetry competition.
- [4th April 2014] From Welsh to wellingtons: The Festival of International Culture 2014
- [4th April 2014] Spelling Bee success for North East schools
- [18th March 2014] PRESS RELEASE: Mother Tongue Other Tongue 2014
- [19th February 2014] Chinese Film Day Success in Sunderland
- [19th December 2013] European Day of Languages 2013 Competition Results
- [17th September 2012] On the LINE
- [30th May 2012] FREE Olympic Powerpoint Presentations - Now Available
- [27th March 2012] North East schools celebrate international culture at region’s universities
- [9th December 2011] 3rd Chinese Competition Speaks Volumes
- [19th October 2011] Work Experience Opportunity with RiL NE
- [29th September 2011] Toon star launches Double Club in local school
- [12th July 2011] 'Sausage Cup' sets sizzling pace for German and football in the North East
- [3rd May 2011] Creating a Buzz about Languages
- [3rd May 2011] Languages lead the way at North East Festivals
- [10th February 2011] Mandarin Speaking Competition held in North East
- [9th February 2011] ALL change!
- [25th January 2011] Why Study Languages? Classroom Calendar Now Available
- [24th January 2011] Longbenton Community College French Club
- [13th January 2011] Realising the Strategic Importance of Languages: Baroness Coussins speaks to the region
- [17th December 2010] Looking For A French Partner School?
- [16th December 2010] UK Linguistics Olympiad
- [15th December 2010] European Day of Languages Quiz Winners
- [3rd December 2010] Realising the Strategic Importance of Languages - Baroness Coussins speaks to the region
- [17th November 2010] Employability Tips for Language Students
- [11th November 2010] THE FIFTH RUSSIAN ESSAY COMPETITION IN THE UK
- [18th October 2010] Opportunities to Volunteer at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- [7th October 2010] European Language Olympics
- [29th September 2010] European Day of Languages Quiz
- [22nd September 2010] Sommerfest
- [1st August 2010] Get Gibbs' attention
- [10th July 2010] 'My Favourite Resource' competition (for teachers)
- [10th July 2010] Postcard Competition (for school pupils)
- [17th May 2010] Year Abroad Volunteer Really Makes a Difference
- [14th May 2010] Learning A Foreign Language is 'aaaalreet'
- [24th July 2009] Ambassador Job Tips
- [21st July 2009] Hummersknott: European Award for Languages
- [21st July 2009] Felicitaciones a St Michael's CE First School: Colegio Español del Año
- [21st July 2009] Events for 2009/10 now online!
- [26th January 2009] Film Resources available NOW!!!
- [24th January 2008] Routes North East launches into action