North East News
Date: 19th February 2014
School pupils from across the region travelled to Sunderland University on Wednesday 5th February to welcome in the Year of the Horse by taking part in a Chinese Film Day.
Date: 19th December 2013
European Day of Languages Competition 2013 in the North East – And the winners are …
For many years, the North East representations of the Association for Language Learning, Routes into Languages and Network for Languages together with their partners Europe Direct North East England and Crossroads Languages have hosted this competition.
Date: 17th September 2012
Thanks to all those who attended On the LINE at Newcastle University on Thursday 13th September. The event had a great buzz to it and it was great to start the term by seeing so many language teachers from the North East at such a positive event.
As promised we have uploaded the materials to the website and you can find them all here. Simply click the links below for the relevant presentations.
Date: 30th May 2012
Our freinds at Brilliant Publications have created three PowerPoints to help you to introduce pupils to the French, Spanish and German words for the 26 main Olympic sports. The PowerPoint displays:
* Also provide background information on the country's participation in the Olympic and Paralympic Games
* Can be displayed on an interactive whiteboard or printed out to be used as a handout
* Contain attractive, original drawings
* Are easily adaptable you can add or delete pages if you wish.
Date: 27th March 2012
The festivals of international culture have become flagship events for Routes into Languages in the North East. They have been running every year since the project began five years ago, bringing pupils from across the region together to celebrate and learn about foreign language and culture.
- [9th December 2011] 3rd Chinese Competition Speaks Volumes
- [19th October 2011] Work Experience Opportunity with RiL NE
- [29th September 2011] Toon star launches Double Club in local school
- [12th July 2011] 'Sausage Cup' sets sizzling pace for German and football in the North East
- [3rd May 2011] Creating a Buzz about Languages
- [3rd May 2011] Languages lead the way at North East Festivals
- [10th February 2011] Mandarin Speaking Competition held in North East
- [9th February 2011] ALL change!
- [25th January 2011] Why Study Languages? Classroom Calendar Now Available
- [24th January 2011] Longbenton Community College French Club
- [13th January 2011] Realising the Strategic Importance of Languages: Baroness Coussins speaks to the region
- [17th December 2010] Looking For A French Partner School?
- [16th December 2010] UK Linguistics Olympiad
- [15th December 2010] European Day of Languages Quiz Winners
- [3rd December 2010] Realising the Strategic Importance of Languages - Baroness Coussins speaks to the region
- [17th November 2010] Employability Tips for Language Students
- [11th November 2010] THE FIFTH RUSSIAN ESSAY COMPETITION IN THE UK
- [18th October 2010] Opportunities to Volunteer at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- [7th October 2010] European Language Olympics
- [29th September 2010] European Day of Languages Quiz
- [22nd September 2010] Sommerfest
- [1st August 2010] Get Gibbs' attention
- [10th July 2010] 'My Favourite Resource' competition (for teachers)
- [10th July 2010] Postcard Competition (for school pupils)
- [17th May 2010] Year Abroad Volunteer Really Makes a Difference
- [14th May 2010] Learning A Foreign Language is 'aaaalreet'
- [24th July 2009] Ambassador Job Tips
- [21st July 2009] Hummersknott: European Award for Languages
- [21st July 2009] Felicitaciones a St Michael's CE First School: Colegio Español del Año
- [21st July 2009] Events for 2009/10 now online!
- [26th January 2009] Film Resources available NOW!!!
- [24th January 2008] Routes North East launches into action