Routes into Languages Cymru, in partnership with CILT Cymru, are for the second year running awards for teachers, mentors, PGCE students and ambassadors of Modern Foreign Languages in Wales.
As we work very closely with schools, colleges and universities, we are already aware of the wealth of innovative and enthusiastic teachers, mentors and students currently teaching and representing languages in Wales and we are very excited to have the opportunity to recognise this through our awards. We hope that these awards will also raise the profile of teaching languages, encouraging more people to seriously consider this vocation. Here are the categories being recognised this year including two new categories:
- MFL Teacher of the Year 2014 Criteria Nomination Form
- Most Inspiring PGCE Mentor 2014 Criteria Nomination Form
- Most Promising Trainee MFL Teacher of the Year 2014 Criteria Nomination Form
- Primary MFL Teacher of the Year 2014 Criteria Nomination Form
- Most Motivational Student Language Ambassador 2014 Criteria Nomination Form
- Outstanding Pupil Language Ambassador 2014 Criteria Nomination Form
Please click on the links above to read more about the criteria for each individual category and also the judging process as this varies for each award. Nomination forms for each award can also be downloaded by clicking on the links above.
Nominations can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the post to:
Excellence in Language Teaching Awards 2014
Routes into Languages Cymru
245 Western Avenue
Cardiff CF5 2YX.
The closing date for nomination is Friday, 9 May 2014.
All shortlisted entries for MFL Teacher of the Year 2014 and Primary MFL Teacher of the Year 2014 will receive a visit from a judge between 29 May and 6 June.
The winning teacher will be informed by 20 June.