The Language Factor Song competition
From/To dates:14th September, 2012 - 4th July, 2013
Win a chance to perform in the L Factor Festival* and take part in a unique music workshop!
Between September 2012 and July 2013, Capital L will be holding a languages and music competition aimed at London’s secondary school pupils aged between 14 and 19 years old: “The Language Factor Song Competition”.
The theme of this year's competition is 'citizens of the world', to reflect the EU's European Year of Citizens 2013.
Visit our YouTube page for some of last year's entries and testimonials: http://www.youtube.com/user/routessoas
- consist of a song written by the young performers in any language other than English.
- be submitted as a DVD video of the young people performing the song.
- last no longer than two minutes.
- explore themes around young people's position in the world and their relationship to others.
- be accompanied by a sheet with the full lyrics in the original language and translated into English.
- be submitted by post by Friday 28th March. Please see the competition guidelines for submission details.
There will be two categories for the competition:
a. Original music (composed by the performers)
b. Royalty-free music (pre-recorded music widely available online)
We strongly encourage schools to make this a cross-curricular activity between music and languages departments. For more information on the competition rules, please follow the link to the document 'L Factor Competition Rules'.
- Registration must take place via schools.
- Teachers and pupils will be offered the support of Music Mentors to help with the various aspects of the activity.
- Teachers and pupils will be offered guidance from SOAS Music Mentors with non-western music and text composition.
Please register here to receive the teacher pack, and for further information about the support available. To request copies of the poster, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The L Factor Festival will take place on the evening of 4th July 2013 (please note amended date) at the SOAS Brunei Theatre. Teachers, parents and classmates will be welcome. All shortlisted songs will be uploaded onto a private YouTube page.
|Marketing Authorisation form.docx||70.94 KB|
|SOA363 poster_PREVIEW (1).pdf||1.93 MB|
|The Language Factor Song Competition Guidelines 2012-13.pdf||208.91 KB|