National Network for Interpreting news
Date: 16th February 2012
Our ‘Careers in Interpreting and Translation’ event took place on 15 February at the University of Leeds. About 150 students, including undergraduates from regional universities, filled a lecture theatre to listen to employers and postgraduate alumni speak inspiringly about translation and interpreting from their own personal experience. Panellists ranged from staff of EU institutions, the UN and the British Refugee Council, to former students freelancing in interpreting, translation and subtitling.
Date: 7th February 2011
For those who couldn’t attend the conference in Southampton, some excellent speakers were present; the NNI contribution along with all sessions can now be seen on the LLAS website.
Date: 17th January 2011
With 2011 well under way, there is plenty to look forward to in the calender. Events include participation in the LLAS e-Learning Symposium (27, 28 Jan, University of Southampton), a chance to see interpreting in action with a new season of Interpreting Mock Conferences, plus Careers Days and postgraduate open evenings at partner institutions.
Date: 14th January 2011
The NNI has recently featured in two notable journals. An article appeared in the Autumn 2010 edition of the Scottish Language Review, reporting on our 18 June trainer and teacher event, Engaging Tomorrow’s Interpreters (see the NNI page Event Highlights section for more on this).
Date: 20th August 2010
ALT-C is the largest annual e-learning event in the UK attended by the crème de la crème of instructional designers and learning technologists (more than 500 of them usually), so it really is a big deal.
You can imagine how proud the NNI project was to be present at ALT-C 2010 with three (yes, you have heard us right: THREE) different NNI instalments:
- [24th March 2011] NNI resource wins prestigious JORUM commendation
- [24th March 2011] Guardian Careers Live Q&A
- [24th March 2011] NNI organises Careers Evening for languages finalists and postgrads
- [3rd August 2010] Vote now! Two NNI resources shortlisted for prestigious Jorum competition
- [21st July 2010] Engaging Tomorrow's Interpreters, 18 June 2010
- [14th July 2010] Institute of Translation & Interpreting announces May 2011 conference
- [4th May 2010] NNI/NNT South England and Wales careers conference
- [2nd March 2009] Routes into Language Careers (Yorkshire and the Humber) - 24 February 2009, University of Leeds
- [28th January 2008] The National Network for Interpreting website is now live